What I have learned starting my marketing business
It's been 2 months since I officially launched my business and I thought I would take a minute or two to reflect on what I have learned.
1. After the excitement dies down you got to keep your excitement up. After the initially launch of IvyBridge I had so much support and many friends & family excited for me. However, that doesn't mean it's time to relax and let business come to me... but rather it's time to hustle. To reach out to businesses, to continue my own social media, to continue learning and to collaborate with other businesses.
2. I love a collaboration- owning your own small business means that I have no employees. It's just me. I love being able to collaborate with other makers, other marketers, and other small businesses. That has been extremely rewarding to me as I begin this journey.
3. There are fun parts and more mundane parts to owning a business. I'm not a huge fan of accounting however, this is one area where I need to stay on top of. I'm thankful for some support in this area from some awesome business owning friends.
4. I have SO much more to learn. It's been amazing learning about marketing, taking a course on website design/marketing and trying new things. I don't ever want to stop learning. The social media marketing world is constantly changing and if I want to continue to learn and grow in this area I have to keep up on marketing trends.
5. Creating is good for me. It's been a fun couple months and I'm looking forward to many years of creating and helping businesses in my community.
I'm sure I'm going to learn a lot more this year so stay tuned for more blog posts on what I'm learning.